Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Prayers For A Friend


Although I want to make this blog about living a gluten free life, I feel I need to write something off topic.

There is a very sweet woman where I work.  The worst thing I ever heard come out of her mouth was that she hated the New York Yankees. 

A few years ago, she was diagnosed with leukemia.  She was very, very sick.  She was in the hospital for months.  This was because her leukemia was so advanced, that in order to find a match for a bone marrow transplant, she needed nearly a perfect match.  She got one and after a very, long time, she went into remission, and has been back at work now for a year or so.

The doctors now suspect that her husband has lung cancer.

I can’t begin to tell you how incredibly sad I feel that this poor woman has to live through this nightmare.  Her family does not deserve this, nor does any family. 

This may sound incredibly corny, but you have but one life, and so do your loved ones.  Tell them how much you love them before you go to bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment